Why is Crimea Overwhelmingly Pro RE-Unification With Russia?
Wow, even I did not expect this kind of overwhelming result! Obviously, the stupidity, violence and corruption of Kiev and their Western handlers was not lost on the Crimean people. Looks like I didn’t give them enough credit! See my original prediction.
The Crimean Autonomous Republic voted overwhelmingly – 96.77% for re-joining Russia. The all-time record voter turn-out was 83.1%, 2 or 3 times as many as in previous Ukrainian presidential elections.
Why is Crimea so overwhemingly pro re-unification with Russia?
1. Crimeans are sick and tired of living in the artificial, dysfunctional state that is Ukraine. Read more about Ukraine’s four distinct parts (five, if you count Crimea), their divisions and my original prediction about what it means for Ukraine’s future.
2. Most people in Crimea are Russians. According to recent polls, 97% are Russian-speakers (even those who are formally of Ukrainian ethnicity). Most residents of Sevastopol, as a separate subject of Crimea, are retired or active officers and servicemen of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, as well as their families. They want to be protected against forced ukrainization and against the threat to their lives by Ukrainian nazis.
4. Crimean incomes will go substantially up as a result of joining Russia. Russian incomes are several times higher than Ukrainian.
5. Crimea will be able to re-build its industry with Russian investments. Crimean industry was all but destroyed (just like everywhere in Ukraine’s south) as a result of Ukraine’s inept and criminal oligarchical rule. In the 90’s, almost the entire post-Soviet space, including Russia, suffered from the looting by oligarchs and their Western handlers, but Russia/ #Putin were able to stop and reverse the trend, with obvious results. Ukraine is still in the downward spiral.
6. Crimean industry will get a very substantially larger market for its goods and services. Crimean #1 industry, tourism, will get a HUGE boost as Russians will start coming to Crimea again. Crimeans see the transformation Sochi has undergone, and they want it too.
6. Crimean government has done something very smart by affording #CrimeanTatar language the status of the third state language, thus securing the Tatar minority vote. More here. The Russian Autonomous Republic of #Tatarstan and the World Tatar Congress weighed in by promising cultural and financial support to Crimean Tatars as long as they vote pro-Russia.
7. Russian passport coveted by many, is a great motivation, too. This will include the ability to move around post-Soviet space without visas and to participate in the Customs Union.
8. Last but certainly not least: most Crimeans have been suffering tremendously Under Kiev rule. They have dreamed for 23 years of re-uniting back with #Russia. Crimeans say: “for 23 years, we were unappreciated guests, now we are finally going home.” This says it all!
These people never forgot their history, the history of the great country that worked and lived together. That history was taken away from them by stupid #Khrushchev & #Yeltsin and by the equally stupid and greedy Kiev. These people want their history and life back.
The same dream is also the dream of the entire South and East of Ukraine that produces over 65% of Ukraine’s GDP. Note, Ukraine, as the artificial entity it is today could only exist peacefully and productively as part of the Soviet Union. During Russian Empire days, Ukraine was much smaller. It was what I call “Ukraine proper,” which included Kiev, northern and central Ukraine. East (Donbass, Dniepropetrovsk and Kharkov) and South (Odessa, Kherson, Nikolaev) were given to Ukraine by Lenin, while Crimea was illegally gifted to Ukraine by Khrushchev – a native Ukrainian.
The process of Ukraine’s disintegration will continue, whether anyone wants it or not, unless and until Ukraine changes its direction totally and completely.
As I have pointed out before, and I’ll say it again, through their utter stupidity and hubris Kiev/ #US/ #EU have opened a can of worms and unleashed forces they neither understand, nor can control. They are reaping what they have sown.
Watch report about the results of the #CrimeanReferendum. The legitimacy of the referendum was observed by 165 international observers. Multiple cameras were installed in voting stations. Per reports, no referendum-related complaints have been registered by authorities.
Глава администрации Крыма о первых шагах после присоединения к России. In Russian: Head of #Crimea, Sergey #Aksyonov, talks about first steps after re-unification and about Crimea’s priorities.
And of course… threats from #Kiev: Kiev vows ‘earth to burn’ under separatists’ feet, seeks for defense budget boost
Watch the latest newscast from Sevastopol, Crimea (in Russian). Includes preliminary vote results and mass celebrations.
Watch documentary about the real history of #Russian #Sevastopol, including #Suvorov and #Catherine the Great (in Russian):
Don’t forget to read my other articles about Ukraine, including thorough analysis and predictions!
Breaking news! As I predicted in Prediction: Crimea Independence Vote – #USA together with Ukraine’s #nazis/ #Kiev unelected authorities are planning a false flag attack in Ukraine to be blamed on Russia. Great job, #Anonymous, for exposing the truth! I have written about this in my prior posts.
Read more here, including a map with instructions for terrorists what to burn down, what to blow up and who to shoot: Caught: US Planning Terror Attacks in Ukraine.
For more read new page Predictions
Check out Lada Ray’s books that take place in Russia: The Earth Shifter and Gold Train
Posted on March 17, 2014, in Geopolitical Trends, Russia, Ukraine and tagged 96.7% of Crimeans want to be with Russia, Crimea, Crimea votes overhwelmingly to join Russia, Crimea's re-unification with Russia, Crimean March 16 referendum, Crimean Tatar language becomes 3rd Crimean official language, Crimean vote for independence, Kiev threatens Crimea, Merkel, Nuland, Obama, predictions by Lada Ray, predictions for Crimean independence vote, Putin, Russia, South and East of Ukraine, Tatar minority in Crimea, Taterstan, Ukraine, Ukraine nazis, Ukraine's GDP is produced by Russian-speaking south and east, US and EU interference in Ukraine, USA, western interference in Ukraine. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.