Confusion Clarification: Is Russia Stopping EU Gas Transit Through Ukraine?
This is additional info and clarification of my original article: Bombshell! Russia to Stop Transit of Gas to EU Through Ukraine! For the complete picture make sure you read both!
I see a lot of confusion surrounding this issue. Therefore, I will clarify a few things here:
1. The statement by the Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller was made. This is not fiction. It is another question whether his statement was misinterpreted – intentionally or not – taken out of context, or intentionally exaggerated by the EU and Ukraine, who are customarily trying to shift the blame to Russia for all their sins, as I wrote in my above-referenced piece.
2. Materials have been published, among other things, on the Pravda.ru site. I went back to Pravda.ru, and so far I’ve been unable to find the two pieces I relied upon in my article.
3. Some small counties, Bulgaria and Croatia, to name a couple (both entirely under the US and Brussels thumb), plus the EU Commission (also headed by a Croatian national, as far as I can see) panicked and started yelling “Russians are coming” – or rather… “Russians are leaving.” Well, since ‘Russians are coming’ is bad and ‘Russians are leaving’ is also bad – what are the Russians to do, I wonder?
4. Ukraine, for its turn, also jumped on the bandwagon of blaming Russia to conceal its usual stealing of Russian gas. The immediate impact was exaggerated by Ukraine on purpose escalating the panic. For years, this is all Ukraine does. The moment any of their many self-made disasters backfires – it is immediately blamed on Russia, while Western MSM and politicians gladly give them the platforms to do so. Same happened in 2008 with Saakashvili of Georgia.
5. Re-read my article, those who didn’t do it carefully the first time – and notice my careful wording. The announcement by Alexei Miller is meant as a geopolitical and economic warning. In the article, I say specifically that at this time EU has no alternative to Russian gas.
Also notice my predictions (see article link above, and more below), in which I say there is still some time to go. Frankly, I hardly remember any time when my predictions didn’t come true, down to the exact timing of the events. It appears it may be right on the dot this time as well. More PREDICTIONS.
6. The materials related to Miller’s announcement were first published by Pravda.ru in Russian exactly how I phrased it in the beginning of my original article. I omitted the links to the source, as the two small pieces were in Russian, and perhaps, I shouldn’t have.
It appears the Daily Mail article was taken from Pravda.ru, plus, from some hysterical statements by EU, Croatia, Bulgaria and Ukraine. At this time, I cannot find the link to the original Pravda.ru articles – it appears the pieces have been relegated to archives. The event was also confirmed by some Russian analysts.
It is not true that RT didn’t run the story, as some suggested. Here is a very carefully worded RT story.
Therefore, it appears Russians, as usual, try not to rock the boat too much. Perhaps the warning was judged to be sufficient at this point. See more on that below.
7. I don’t have the complete information on all the details of how exactly Russia/Gazprom have acted in this case, and why. No one does – everything is pure speculation. Of all people, only Putin has the complete picture and full information, based on which the decisions are made.
What I see and foresee: the situation is VERY MUCH IN A FLUX right now, and for the foreseeable future; decisions are being made in live mode, in response to challenges as they come up.
I want to stress again: we are living through a massively revolutionary EARTH SHIFT on all levels. Putin, Russia, Gazprom have a lot of very serious maneuvering to do every day.
However, here is what is set in stone:
Gazprom/Russia will soon transition out of Ukraine completely. All of Ukraine’s annual transit 63 bln cubic meters of Russian gas to the EU will go exclusively through Turkey. The new Turkish Stream pipeline is being built as we speak.
My predictions regarding EU starting to experience gas shortages will come to pass sooner, rather than later… unless EU snaps out of its fearful submissiveness to the US, multiplied by EU’s own ulterior motives towards Russia. I am also warning that the way EU acts, when it does finally see the light, it may be too late.
What is happening around the world, including violence, confusion, crisis, disasters – will only escalate. I will eventually have full predictions for this decade and beyond as a separate EARTH SHIFT REPORT on LadaRay.info. Stay tuned!
IF humans are still interested in keeping the world as we know it intact, then they should pay close attention and support what Russia does. Keeping your perspective and wits is also a very important thing. I will continue to inform and guide on this blog, YT channel and LadaRay.info.
8. Incidentally, when breaking the news, Russians fully realised this would create a storm in the EU/West, and the howling would start anew. Again, this is just a warning, a heads up, so to speak: ‘Hey, EU we have plenty of leverage over you too, not just the US. If you disregard our interests to this degree, here is what can happen.’ Of course there is no intention of freezing the poor children in Bulgaria.
Notice the big paragraph in my article (can’t miss it – it’s huge) about all the most recent abuses by EU/West/Ukraine against Russia and Donbass? I put all that in there on purpose in order to remind people what Russia has to deal with daily, and therefore, how well justified any action by Russia would be.
9. Any announcement by Gazprom always has huge consequences. It is possible that Alexei Miller’s wording was partially misinterpreted because of wishful thinking. Let’s face it – many people all over the globe are sick and tired of the blatant piracy by Ukraine and blatant lies of the EU. Ukraine and EU – being guilty of massive lies and transgressions they perpetrate daily against Russia – also secretly, in their heart (if there is one available) know Russia can pull the plug at any moment. Many people all over the world are hoping Russia would do so to end this vicious cycle of predatory Western all-permissiveness and ukro-nazi crimes.
Notice, Miller’s statement was left intentionally ambiguous.
ADDED: Found some links! The following posts from Pravda.ru contain additional info: Мечты сбываются, или Ультиматум “Газпрома.” Also: “Газпром”: “Турецкий поток” – единственный маршрут для поставки российского газа в Европу and “Газпром” станет крупнейшим игроком в Турции. Keep in mind, this site, despite its name, is NOT a pro-Kremlin/pro-Putin publication. Actually, often quite the opposite. That said, information in the above posts is accurate.
10. All the above added to the confusion. To wrap this up, here is what I wrote as my original reply to the reader questions. My notes below reflect my original reaction to the Gazprom news by Daily Mail, before I saw additional materials on Pravda.ru. As usual, my original instinct was correct, and as usual, the original reaction contained the concentrated seed of truth. This is the verbatim exchange from a recent post:
I have a question about PCR’s post this morning:
I can’t find anything mentioned in our MSM-mediash*t about this, but the article in the Mail does exist!
I’m not sure this info is true, although it’s wishful thinking of some. Even Americans and Europeans are getting angry for their govts’ actions in Ukraine and start wishing Russia did something re. gas.
On some level it would have been the right thing to do to cut this Gordian knot, to ensure US is left in the cold politically, but Russians are very careful not to disturb even more than what has already been disturbed. They also don’t want to create any bad blood with Europeans. I think they are rightly careful as rabid beast called US has shown it takes no prisoners.
Besides, Turkey’s terminals aren’t ready yet as far as I know (Turkish Stream pipeline is also just being built – LR)
Although floating this kind of hoax as part of infowars is a very good idea, whoever it’s coming from. Keeps Brussels and Berlin on their toes. Gas closure would affect mostly central EU: Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czechia, Austria. Also Italy and Greece. This could tip them over decisively against Merkel and US.
Overall, I like the idea, but it’s very risky. Ukraine has been stealing gas as usual, but Russia would either shut it off if it became unbearable, or more likely as political pressure on Kiev not to attack Donbass and for EU to help Russia restrain Kiev. For that purpose I think it’s a swell idea. I’ll see what I can find out about it from my sources.
Also, a lot depends on the EU’s overall behavior.
It appears EU is ready to start removing sanctions and they are lingering only because they are mortally afraid of the US and vassals (UK, Canada, Australia, Poland, Baltics). Problem is US and Ukraine completely lost it and are too dangerous; they can concoct another false flag in a jiffy. This worries me most.
Nemo1024 | January 15, 2015 at 1:28 pm
A small correction:
“the natural gas will no longer go through Ukraine. It goes to Turkey. If Europe wants it, Europe can build the pipeline from the Turkish/Greek border.”
This is what Miller basically said yesterday, and the EU commissioner said it took him by surprise. Miller said that once the Turkish Stream is built, Ukraine will no longer be a transit country as the risks for Europe are too high – they are even very high this winter.
Miller further said that Europe can build the pipelines within the EU as they see fit. As far as I understand, one of the previous problems with South Stream was that EU wanted Gazprom to build the pipelines in EU, but then give the control over the pipelines to EU. Now EU gets all they control they want, once they are done building it.
Lada Ray | January 15, 2015 at 1:35 pm
That’s not a small correction – it’s a completely different story, Nemo! Thank you. Now it makes sense.
As I said in my reply to Christa, the way it was presented in Daily Mail (isn’t it a borderline yellow press in the UK? I don’t really follow that junk), it didn’t make any sense.
Of course they would want to create as much hysteria as possible.
I am sure Ukraine is also trying to do everything to create anti-Russian hysteria in the EU, so they will be making statements that aren’t only false, but also extremely volatile. Their nazi junta is crumbling, the only way they can prolong their pathetic existence is to blame everything on Russia.
They learned well from their masters – the US.
EARTH SHIFT REPORT update:
1. Grand Experiment Novorossia and the Birth of the New Revolutionary Monetary System.
2. Ruble Wars as the Beginning of the Death of the Dollar.
These two reports are being written as we speak and I will be posting them as they get completed.
The reports will be posted on my new site LadaRay.info. Stay tuned!
to keep on top of new articles, Earth Shift Reports and videos as they come out!
Subscribe to LADA RAY youtube channel
Follow on Twitter @LadaTweets
Follow Lada Ray Blog
SUPPORT Lada’s work
Read Lada’s Books