Every year between March 6 and 9, Russia turns into a huge and fragrant flower market. It smells like spring everywhere, even if the stubborn snow has neglected to melt just yet.
Remember my previous post: Happy March 8! Russian policeman stops vehicles to sing a love song to women drivers.
In that case it wasn’t an actual cop but Russian singer Yaroslav Sumishevsky, with his song. However, real policemen aren’t far behind. This is happening today in Kaliningrad, Russia. Actual traffic policemen stop women drivers to present them with flowers and March 8 gifts:
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY!
- Russian policeman stops vehicles to sing a love song to women drivers
- March 8, Happy International Women’s Day!
- Dear Women! Happy International Women’s Day!
Just in time for summer vacations! Thought you’d all like!
New RT documentary, entitled: ‘My Crazy Russian Vlog: Weird & Wonderful Siberian Pastimes’
Where can you take to the snowy slopes in a bikini? Welcome to Russia! RT Doc’s Peter Scott explores some of the craziest things to do in Russia: from festivals on snowy mountains to a smash room ready to be destroyed. Nothing gets in the way of his madcap fun, not even a broken leg.
And here is another one! ‘Russian Daredevils: Adrenaline Rush On Top Of The World’
Meet young people who spend their free time climbing construction sites and towers and ignoring safety ropes – all in search of adrenaline. The higher they get, the better they feel. Their videos on YouTube get millions of views, horrifying parents and relatives while inspiring peers. They are called urban climbers, and they may be looking down on you.
- Muslims of Russia: Chechnya – Land of Contrasts
- Putin in Greece: Important Body Language, Signs and Omens
Support Lada’s FREE articles on FuturisTrendcast: DONATE HERE!
Those of you who subscribe to Lada Ray Blog may have read my past articles about March 8, including history, lore, traditions and celebrations:
- March 8, Happy International Women’s Day! (March 8, 2013) – How #March8 is celebrated in Russia – history and lore, w. vintage Soviet posters
- Dear Women! Happy International Women’s Day! (March 7, 2015) – My 2015 message, which is equally relevant today! (w. lots of beautiful pics)
- Feminism vs. Sacred Feminine – Male Chauvinism vs. Sacred Masculine (Aug 12, 2015) – talking about misconceptions and the enlightened approach
- Latest! 2016 post: Happy Spring, Happy Women’s Day, Happy Birthday and Eclipse in Pisces! (March 4, 2016) – lots of gorgeous spring and nature pics here!
As always, Happy March 8, 2016, dear women (and men, too)!